We repair most Professional Audio gear such as guitar amps,
bass amps, analog mixing consoles, tape echo units, most vintage
outboard recording gear as well as tube-type home Hi Fi amps and
preamps. We do not repair car stereo amps, reel to
reel tape decks, solid state home stereo amps or surround sound
Phone: 770-671-0485 - PLEASE READ!!!! I very much want to
answer all your calls but it can be difficult to know which calls
are from actual people so we screen phone calls. Therefore, if your
phone doesn't have caller ID set up to say who your are, your call
may appear to be spam and may not be answered. Also, there are times
that I'm with a customer or can't pick up the phone. If you call and
get my answering machine, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE. If I hear you
leaving a message, I'll try my best to grab the phone but if I can't
pick it up at that time, I WILL CALL YOU BACK SOON so again, please
leave a message. Thanks very much for your understanding.
Unless you are coming at lunch time or right at closing time, THERE IS NO NEED TO CALL to "see if anyone is going to be there" or to ask "when is a good time to bring in my amp?". Unless we have posted a notice of being closed for vacation or it's a holiday, I'm always here during business hours with the possible exception of a short break between noon and 1:30.
Email: info (at) andrewsamplab (dot) com
Monday: 10:00 - 6:00
Tuesday: 10:00 - 6:00
Wednesday: 10:00 - 6:00
Thursday: 10:00 - 7:00
Friday: 10:00 - 4:30
Saturday and Sunday - Closed
Note: I sometimes close for about 30 to 40 minutes sometime between 12:00 and 2:00 for lunch. If you come during that time and I'm away, you will find a sign on the door showing you when I will return.
Another note - We do not repair car stereo amplifiers.
Andrews Amp Lab
4511 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30338
We are located on the side of the building, on the lower level, behind King George Tavern
1) Insure your amp for full replacement value.
2) If possible, please remove all tubes and carefully package separately. The tubes should be placed in a small sturdy box with good packing. The box of tubes can often be placed inside the large box with the amp. If the amp has sturdy tube shields for the preamp tubes, the preamp tubes can be left in the chassis when shipping
3) There should be at least 4 inches of proper padding around your amp. This means solid foam, foam "peanuts" or "large bubble wrap" (not the kind with tiny bubbles). We suggest installing blocks of stiff Styrofoam or wood blocks between the transformers to reduce the chance of the weight of the transformers bending the chassis if the package is dropped during shipment.
4) To save shipping costs, consider removing the amp chassis from your combo amp and sending us the amp chassis (and tubes) only.
5) Please also include your contact information and a detailed description of the problems you are having with the amp and/or the work you would like to have done.
6) Include the $65 minimum labor fee with your amp. We accept check, money orders and PayPal. Or if you prefer, you can call us with your credit card number. We will need to collect this deposit before we can start work on your amp and it will be applied to your final repair bill. Unless you instruct us to go ahead and repair your amp up to a certain dollar amount, we will call or e-mail you with an estimate before work is completed.
If you are paying for amp repairs or making a repair deposit and you are registered in PayPal to a Georgia address, be sure to select "services" in the PayPal system to avoid being charged sales tax. If you select "merchandise," you will be charged an additional 8% sales tax.
Our address is PayPal at andrewsamplab dot com (Replace at and dot with the proper punctuation)
We do not keep any credit card numbers on file or in any computer or database. We will never you ask for your credit card number in an e-mail. We accept credit card numbers only in-person or via telephone.