These and other modifications may be available depending on your amp make and model.
• Removal of previous modifications to put your amp back in stock condition
• Conversion of many solid-state rectified amps to tube rectified or tube rectified to solid-state rectification. This changes the dynamics and headroom of the amp.
• Triode/Pentode Switch (1/2 power switch) - This allows to you
reduce your output power level to about 1/2 of normal. This usually
means a reduction of around 20% in output volume and a slight loss in
Price ranges from $75-$150 depending on amp model but is about $85 for most amps.
• Post phase inverter master volume control - PPIMV - This allows
variable output volume while keeping your preamp gain turned up for a
"cranked up" sound at lower volume.
Price varies depending on amp model but runs about $85 for most amps.
• High quality solid-state effects loop. This loop features a bypass
switch and a level switch so it will work with nearly any outboard
effect. It's small and will fit most medium to large amps. For small
amps or any amp that doesn't have room for the boards, it can be
mounted in a stomp box type enclosure and screwed to the inside or
outside of the cabinet. In my opinion, this is a better option
than the tube driven loop because it is smaller, more transparent,
more affordable, has true bypass, has level switching and is less
noisy than tube driven loops. Keep in mind that virtually every effect
that might be used in your loop will be a solid-state device so using
a tube-driven loop does not preserve the pure tube signal of your
signal anyway. This loop is super transparent and quiet. Highly
Price is about $225 for most amps. Cost will be additional for mounting in an enclosure.
• High-quality tube-driven effects loop can be added to many tube
amps. We do this installation with a shielded cable for all the signal
Price to install in any amp that has room for the circuit board, tube and jacks - around $275. Cost will be higher for special installs requiring an external box (for the circuit, jacks or for the extra tube).
• Two-position power switch - These can be used to add the power
standby functions to amps that have only one toggle switch for power
such as Fender Blues Jr., Princeton Reverb, many tweed amps and
others. Position one is standby and position two is fully on.
Price to install is $25 to $45 depending on the amp. (minimum labor rates apply)
• Add adjustable bias. Some amps with fixed bias circuits don't have a bias adjustment control. We can often add adjustable bias with or without external test points.
• Install a grounded AC cord and correct the out of date AC wiring so
that the amp will be safer and much less likely to cause nasty
Price: $25 (minimum labor rates apply)