Search this site.
- Winged C factory will not be producing any more glass tubes!
- The Andrews Spectraverb 40 wins the Premier Gear Award from Premier Guitar Magazine!
- How to get the best tone from your tube amp.
- News Update from Andrews Amp Lab
- 12AT7 tube shootout for guitar amp phase inverters
- New Andrews Artist
- JJ 5751 preamp tube review.
- More Andrews Amps Reviews
- When should I replace my tubes? How long do they last? What happens when they go bad?
- Reviews and interview on the Andrews A-22 and Para-Dyne 20 in ToneQuest Reports Magazine
Calendar of Blog Posts
January 2015 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Technical articles
There has been a rumor floating around for a few months that the Winged C (SED) tube factory has closed down. I’ve been staying in touch with the importer since then and they’ve been telling me that the factory was … Continue reading
Do you ever wish your amp sounded better? Are you looking for ways to improve your tone? All guitarists want great tone yet many players are not getting the best tone their amp has to offer. There are a lot of factors affecting … Continue reading
Very little attention has been paid to the important role that a certain tube plays in most guitar amps. I’m talking about the phase inverter or PI tube. The PI is the tube that creates the push-pull waveform and it’s the … Continue reading
There are three basic types of tubes used in guitar amps, rectifier tubes, preamp tubes, and output tubes. Rectifier tubes are used in the power supply. Their function is to turn AC (alternating current) into DC (direct current). The DC is … Continue reading
Gain, Headroom, Volume and Power Let’s start with GAIN. There are several ways to measure gain but in guitar amplifiers, when gain is discussed, we usually mean voltage gain. In this case, gain is the ratio of input voltage to … Continue reading