Search this site.
- New Andrews amp model introduced.
- 12AT7 tube shootout for guitar amp phase inverters
- New Andrews Artist
- JJ 5751 preamp tube review.
- More Andrews Amps Reviews
- When should I replace my tubes? How long do they last? What happens when they go bad?
- Reviews and interview on the Andrews A-22 and Para-Dyne 20 in ToneQuest Reports Magazine
- The new Andrews Para-Dyne Amps are Here!!
- Warehouse Guitar Speakers
Calendar of Blog Posts
June 2013 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: Technical articles
Very little attention has been paid to the important role that a certain tube plays in most guitar amps. I’m talking about the phase inverter or PI tube. The PI is the tube that creates the push-pull waveform and it’s the … Continue reading
There are three basic types of tubes used in guitar amps, rectifier tubes, preamp tubes, and output tubes. Rectifier tubes are used in the power supply. Their function is to turn AC (alternating current) into DC (direct current). The DC is … Continue reading
Gain, Headroom, Volume and Power Let’s start with GAIN. There are several ways to measure gain but in guitar amplifiers, when gain is discussed, we usually mean voltage gain. In this case, gain is the ratio of input voltage to … Continue reading