Search this site.
- 12AX7 Tube Reviews
- Andrews Spectraverb 22 and Spectraverb 40 are Now Available as Heads and 2X12 Combos
- Winged C factory will not be producing any more glass tubes!
- The Andrews Spectraverb 40 wins the Premier Gear Award from Premier Guitar Magazine!
- How to get the best tone from your tube amp.
- News Update from Andrews Amp Lab
- 12AT7 tube shootout for guitar amp phase inverters
- New Andrews Artist
- JJ 5751 preamp tube review.
- More Andrews Amps Reviews
Calendar of Blog Posts
July 2019 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Tube Reviews
I guess it’s really more accurate to call this a tube shootout than a review of tubes. I’ve always wanted to do a review of 12AX7 tubes but felt that there were too many variables. I also didn’t … Continue reading
There has been a rumor floating around for a few months that the Winged C (SED) tube factory has closed down. I’ve been staying in touch with the importer since then and they’ve been telling me that the factory was … Continue reading
Very little attention has been paid to the important role that a certain tube plays in most guitar amps. I’m talking about the phase inverter or PI tube. The PI is the tube that creates the push-pull waveform and it’s the … Continue reading